You’re tired of the gaping holes in your mouth caused by missing teeth. Not only does it keep you from having a full, beautiful smile, but you know the damage it’s causing to your overall oral health. If you are in need of a tooth replacement solution but are unsure of which method to choose, discover the benefits of dental implants in Marietta. In fact, let us share 5 reasons why they’re the best choice for replacing your missing teeth!
The Permanent Solution: Dental Implants
Depending on the number of teeth you’re missing, there are many options you can choose from when it comes to replacing these vacated sockets in your mouth. From dental bridges to dental implants, your dentist will need to determine what option might work best for your needs. However, whether you know a little or a lot about dental implants, you should know they are the best choice for replacing missing teeth.
The implant is made of titanium and acts as the root of the tooth. Once your dentist determines you have enough bone strength to hold the implant, he will surgically place it in your jawbone. It will take a few months to heal and for the implant to fuse to the bone, but once that is complete, you’ll return to have the customized crown placed on top of the implant, giving you a permanent, seamless smile.
5 Reasons Why They’re the Best Choice
Okay, great. You’ve been told they’re the best, but why? We’re glad you asked! Not only are they permanent, but they have other benefits as well. These include:
- A natural look and feel. Your customized crown will match the color, shape, and size of your other teeth, making it nearly impossible for anyone to notice you’ve had work done.
- Improving your oral health. Worried about bone deterioration? You don’t have to be with dental implants. Because the implant is fused to the jawbone, it provides the bone with the stimulation it needs to maintain its strength. This keeps your other teeth unaffected and in place as well.
- Low maintenance. There’s no need for special tools or products to keep your implant clean. Acting just like a regular tooth, all you’ll need to do is continue brushing twice a day for two minutes each, floss at least once a day, and rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash. It will also help to use a fluoride toothpaste to keep your natural teeth from developing tooth decay.
- Maintaining facial structure. You’re familiar with the sagging look that comes with tooth loss, right? Well, there’s no need to worry about that with dental implants in West Cobb. Because your new fixtures are permanent, they allow for proper blood that works to keep your facial structure and help the tissue maintain its elasticity.
- Successful treatment. When choosing dental implants as your tooth replacement solution, you can expect a 93-95% success rate. What’s even better is that they can last decades, and we mean 25 years to a lifetime!
Don’t wait any longer to replace those missing gaps in your smile. Talk to your dentist today about dental implants, and get your oral health back on track!