Dental Crowns – West Cobb and Marietta, GA
If you have missing, damaged, broken, or decayed teeth, we’re ready to help! Leading Edge Dentistry provides custom-made dental crowns in West Cobb with various options to ensure satisfaction for his patients. We also offers dental bridges for patients who are missing multiple teeth consecutively. Both of these restorations not only improve appearance, but they also positively impact oral health. Keep reading to learn more about these treatment options.
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns offer cosmetic and restorative correction for patients with extensive dental damage, decay, or cosmetic flaws. Repairing smile irregularities with dental crowns in Marietta protects surrounding teeth from damage and keeps the pressure on teeth even to prevent strain. This versatile restoration option is used in a number of situations, including:
- To repair severely decayed or damaged teeth
- As the finishing touch to protect teeth treated with root canal therapy
- As part of single tooth implant supported tooth replacement
- To support fixed bridge tooth replacement
The entire process is completed over the course of two short appointments. During the first visit, we prepare patients’ teeth and capture dental impressions. The impressions are taken by a trusted dental lab, where the custom crown is designed and crafted. In the meantime, we place a temporary crown to protect the prepared tooth. When patients return for a second appointment, we exchange the temporary for a custom dental crown.
What Are the Different Types of Crowns?
Dr. Michael L. Howard has years of training and experience offering high quality dental crowns crafted from a variety of materials, including porcelain bonded to metal, and lifelike ceramic.
In most cases, we recommend all-ceramic restorations, as they provide superior cosmetic results to match their durability. These restorations seamlessly blend in with the rest of your smile to create beautiful results. All ceramic dental crowns are made from a single block of porcelain, delivering our patients a crown that matches the size, shape, and shade of your natural smile.
Porcelain Fused to Metal
In some cases, we may recommend porcelain fused to metal crowns. When we use metal, the bonding is strengthened because it usually offers a better fit than all-porcelain crowns. As an added bonus, this option is typically more cost effective.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are one of our most popular restorations because of these unique advantages:
- Customization: Dental crowns are personalized to match the exact color, size, and feeling of your natural smile.
- Confidence: Crowns can correct discolored, misshapen, chipped, or cracked teeth to give patients boosted confidence and self-esteem.
- Oral health: Patients can enjoy better oral health overall because their damaged or decayed tooth will now have protection with a dental crown.
- Longevity: With proper care like brushing, flossing, and regular visits to our office, you can enjoy your dental crown for years to come.
What is a Dental Bridge?
If you’ve lost one to three consecutive teeth due to decay, gum disease, or facial trauma, a dental crown supported fixed bridge offers comfortable tooth replacement that looks and feels natural. A fixed bridge consists of one or more replacement teeth that are connected to two surrounding dental crowns. The dental crowns are cemented in place over healthy teeth on either side of the gap, supporting the restoration.
The Benefits of Dental Bridges
We offer dental bridges because of the many benefits they give our patients, including:
- Durability: Once placed, patients can enjoy a strong and stable smile thanks to their dental bridge.
- Comfort: Because dental bridges are fixed, patients won’t have to worry about a denture slipping and sliding around.
- Appearance: Dental bridges are custom made to look, feel, and function like your natural smile.
- Convenience: Dental bridges can usually be placed in just 2 appointments, allowing patients to receive a complete smile as quickly as possible.
- Stability: With dental crowns on either side of the bridge for support, you can feel confident in a stable smile.
Are you ready to get started on a dental crown or dental bridge in Marietta? Contact our office today to set up an appointment!