Transformative Porcelain Veneers in Marietta
If you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your front teeth, there is a wonderful solution in sight. Porcelain veneers in Marietta are an increasingly popular option for your friends and colleagues, as they offer a beautiful transformation in just two visits to the dentist. And with proper care and maintenance, veneers can last for up to 20 years! Keep reading to learn how Leading Edge Dentistry can help you love your smile with porcelain veneers.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
A porcelain veneer is a thin covering that is customized to enhance an individual tooth. It can be placed on any of the teeth that show when you smile. Here, veneers can enhance the appearance of any number of cosmetic issues, including…
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Uneven teeth
- Slightly gapped or misaligned teeth (can even have an “instant braces” effect)
- Stains or discoloration
- Oddly shaped teeth (too pointy or short)
- Teeth with irregular surfaces, like pits and grooves
- And other cosmetic imperfections
The veneer treatment is reserved for aesthetically flawed but healthy teeth. More serious issues, like decay or severe wear and tear, will require a restorative solution — like a dental crown or inlay/onlay.
What Are the Benefits of Veneers?
Our patients love the numerous advantages offered by our porcelain veneers in West Cobb. Some of the most popular benefits include…
- Several cosmetic imperfections can be erased all at once with veneers
- Veneers are highly customizable to ensure the end result is naturally beautiful
- Porcelain is far more resistant to stains than your natural tooth enamel, meaning veneers will stay dazzlingly white for years and years
- Veneers may even eliminate the need for braces
- Most adults who are in suitable oral health can benefit from veneers
How Are Porcelain Veneers Applied?
Dental veneers are placed over the course of two visits to our office.
- First appointment: We will take care of all the prep work. That means removing a small portion of tooth enamel from each tooth that will receive a veneer, taking impressions, and placing temporary veneers to cover up the prepared teeth. Your treatment plan is sent to our partner lab, where veneers are crafted by an expert.
- Second appointment (usually a couple of weeks later): Your veneers are ready. You return to our office, we remove the temporaries and make sure the new restorations look perfect. After everything has been confirmed, a special bonding agent will be applied to the surface of each tooth and the veneers are finally placed on. We know you will love the results!
How Do I Take Care of Porcelain Veneers?
Taking excellent care of your veneers will help to ensure that they stay healthy and strong for as long as possible. If you play contact sports or grind your teeth at night, make sure you invest in a custom-fitted mouthguard or sportsguard to protect your investment. Avoid damaging habits like nailbiting and chewing on foreign objects (pens, ice, etc.). And never, ever open packages with your teeth! If you do break of damage a veneer, get in touch with our office right away.
Let’s Talk About Veneers!
Are you ready to talk about how veneers can transform your smile? We invite you to get in touch with Leading Edge Dentistry to schedule an appointment with your cosmetic dentist in Marietta today. We can’t wait to help you love your smile!