Marietta & West Cobb Teeth Whitening
Daily life can be tough on your smile! The things that you eat and drink, tobacco, medications, and the natural aging process can all diminish brilliance and luster. Luckily, a brighter, more beautiful smile is within reach with Zoom! Whitening, the leading in-office teeth whitening system. Leading Edge Dentistry also offers take-home teeth whitening for our patients who want to brighten their smiles more gradually. We'll give you custom-made bleaching trays and professional-strength teeth whitening gel to use in the privacy of your home. Wear the trays nightly for 10 to 14 days and experience newfound dental brilliance! Call today to schedule your appointment with Leading Edge Dentistry's Laser, Cosmetic, & Family Dentistry team. Our Marietta dental office serves Kennesaw, Acworth, Powder Springs, Dallas, and surrounding areas with exceptional dentistry for extraordinary smiles.
Causes of Tooth Discoloration
There are many causes of dental discoloration, but not all of them will be responsive to traditional teeth whitening treatment, so it’s important for us to understand the underlying cause of your tooth staining. This allows us to provide effective, predictable treatments. Some of the common causes of dental discoloration include:
- Consumption of dark colored foods and drinks
- Smoking or using tobacco products
- Aging or thinning of tooth enamel that reveals the yellow, dentin layer of the tooth
- Fluorosis stains caused by the over consumption of fluoride in childhood
- Tetracycline stains caused by taking certain medications during dental development
Brighter Smiles – Zoom! Teeth Whitening in Marietta
Zoom! Whitening creates bold, beautiful smiles in a single office visit. Sit back and relax while we apply Zoom! Whitening gel to your teeth and activate it with a special no-heat light. The gel and light work together to penetrate the topmost layers of your teeth and lift stains and discolorations without altering tooth structure. You'll achieve a noticeably brighter smile by up to ten shades, as well as renewed confidence in just one visit!
Professional Take-Home Teeth Whitening
While many patients prefer the fast, effective in-office whitening process, take-home kits are great alternatives for others. Unlike store bought whitening kits that use low doses of active whitening agent and ineffective application methods, professional take-home kits provide much more effective solutions. Patient-specific doses of professional grade whitening gel are coupled with custom application trays. With short, daily applications for about two weeks, patients can achieve the same results possible with in-office teeth whitening treatments.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
There are numerous benefits associated with professional teeth whitening, especially compared with store bought whitening products. Some of the benefits include:
- Safety – because both in-office and take-home teeth whitening treatments are performed under the supervision and at the recommendation of a professional dentist, patients will know their teeth whitening plan is not causing damage to their teeth or gums.
- Predictability – professional teeth whitening ensures predictable results. Most patients achieve smiles six to ten shades brighter. If patients do not experience the desired results, the dentist can adjust their treatment plans at any time.
- Comfort – the most common adverse effect associated with teeth whitening is tooth sensitivity. With professional teeth whitening treatments, patients are much less likely to experience this adverse effect. Each patient receives a personalized treatment plan to ensure their health and safety. Additionally, most cosmetic dentists provide fluoride treatments or other solutions to prevent sensitivity following in-office or take-home teeth whitening treatments.
Understanding the Cost of Teeth Whitening
If you’re interested in brightening your smile, then you may be considering getting teeth whitening. With this treatment, you’ll be able to blast away stubborn stains and discoloration through a quick and effective process. Before committing to this, however, you may be wondering what you should expect about the cost of teeth whitening in Marietta. Read on to learn a few things you should keep in mind to help avoid any unnecessary surprises with their price. Feel free to reach out to us if you want to learn more today!
Factors That Affect the Cost of Teeth Whitening
Although teeth whitening is generally provided at a set price, several factors can influence the number of treatments you’ll need until you achieve the results you want. The most prominent ones include:
- The type of discoloration you’ve experienced, such as intrinsic or extrinsic.
- The complexity of your stains and discoloration.
- If you require additional treatments in advance, like a filling or dental crown.
Types of Teeth Whitening: What Do They Cost?
You can typically find several kinds of teeth whitening treatments, each going for a unique price range. Here’s what you should know about their different costs:
- In-office professional teeth whitening can usually cost anywhere from $400 to $800. In rare cases, the price can go up to $1,000 or more.
- Take-home teeth whitening kits will typically cost about a few hundred dollars.
- Over-the-counter teeth whitening trays are usually priced at less than $100.
- Store-bought teeth whitening strips and gels are the most conveniently priced. Every box costs around $20 and $40, containing sufficient supplies to last up to a couple of weeks.
Store-Bought Teeth Whitening vs. Professional Teeth Whitening
Although professional teeth whitening does have a higher initial cost compared to more affordable options, you’ll also expect a much greater value in their results. While store-bought gels and strips are more convenient, they often offer little-to-no improvements to your smile. Professional teeth whitening, however, is meant to brighten your smile drastically and quickly. With an in-office treatment, you’ll be able to walk out of our office with pearly whites that are several shades brighter in as little as an hour! With proper care, your results can even last several months to a year. For this reason, it’s important to know the results and timeframe you’re looking for when deciding on the right treatment option for you.
Options for Making Teeth Whitening Affordable
Most dental insurance companies don’t offer coverage for cosmetic dentistry, including teeth whitening, as these aren’t considered “necessary” treatments. However, you still might have alternative payment options. Our team works with third-party financiers like CareCredit and Lending Club that have plans which can break the costs into monthly installments. On top of that, many of them also come with little-to-no interest, making your treatment more affordable in the long run. Speak with our team directly if you want to learn more today!
Teeth Whitening FAQs
Do you have questions about professional teeth whitening in Marietta? Our team at Leading Edge Dentistry has answered some of the most common ones we receive from patients below for your convenience. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, feel free to give us a call!
What’s the difference between a take-home kit from a dentist and an over the counter one?
You’ve probably recently seen dozens of different teeth whitening kits lining the shelves of the oral hygiene aisle at your grocery store and wondered what the difference between those and the ones you can get from your cosmetic dentist in Marietta is.
Most teeth whitening kits sold in stores aren’t approved by the ADA because they use ingredients that can erode your enamel and leave your teeth susceptible to cavities and sensitivity, especially if they’re overused. Our take-home whitening kits at Leading Edge Dentistry use more concentrated and effective ingredients that are dosed specifically for your needs without the unwanted impact on your oral health. Plus, within about two weeks, you’ll be able to achieve a smile that’s up to eight shades brighter.
Can I overuse whitening toothpaste?
Yes. It’s possible to overuse most store-bought whitening products, especially those that are peroxide-based. If you use these products constantly, it could result in enamel loss, increased risk of cavities, dental sensitivity, teeth that appear translucent rather than white, and gum irritation. That’s why we recommend professional in-office and take-home teeth whitening that offers longer lasting results and are safer.
How long do professional teeth whitening results last?
The results of your teeth whitening treatment will depend on how you care for your teeth down the road. The average results can last for up to a year, and if you’re mindful of consuming foods that are high in tannins (which means they’re heavily pigmented), like red wine, coffee, and tomato-based sauces, you may be able to enjoy your brightened smile for even longer. Once you notice your results beginning to fade, you can touch them up with a professional take-home kit or schedule another treatment with us!
How can I prevent tooth discoloration?
Over time, teeth can naturally become discolored from consuming stain-causing foods and beverages. They can also have a yellowish tint from oral health issues like enamel erosion and plaque and tartar accumulation. Depending on what’s causing the staining, you may be able to benefit from any of these precautionary measures:
- Visit us every six months for your checkups and cleanings
- Maintain a good oral hygiene routine
- Avoid dark-colored beverages and foods that can stain teeth
- Brush your teeth before drinking coffee in the morning
- Use safe whitening products administered by professionals