Marietta & West Cobb Teeth Whitening
Daily life can be tough on your smile! The things that you eat and drink, tobacco, medications, and the natural aging process can all diminish brilliance and luster. Luckily, a brighter, more beautiful smile is within reach with Zoom! Whitening, the leading in-office teeth whitening system. Dr. Howard also offers take-home teeth whitening for his patients who want to brighten their smiles more gradually. We'll give you custom-made bleaching trays and professional-strength teeth whitening gel to use in the privacy of your home. Wear the trays nightly for 10 to 14 days and experience newfound dental brilliance! Call today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Howard and the Laser, Cosmetic, & Family Dentistry team. Our Marietta dental office serves Kennesaw, Acworth, Powder Springs, Dallas, and surrounding areas with exceptional dentistry for extraordinary smiles.
Causes of Tooth Discoloration
There are many causes of dental discoloration, but not all of them will be responsive to traditional teeth whitening treatment, so it’s important for us to understand the underlying cause of your tooth staining. This allows us to provide effective, predictable treatments. Some of the common causes of dental discoloration include:
- Consumption of dark colored foods and drinks
- Smoking or using tobacco products
- Aging or thinning of tooth enamel that reveals the yellow, dentin layer of the tooth
- Fluorosis stains caused by the over consumption of fluoride in childhood
- Tetracycline stains caused by taking certain medications during dental development
Brighter Smiles – Zoom! Teeth Whitening in Marietta
Zoom! Whitening creates bold, beautiful smiles in a single office visit. Sit back and relax while we apply Zoom! Whitening gel to your teeth and activate it with a special no-heat light. The gel and light work together to penetrate the topmost layers of your teeth and lift stains and discolorations without altering tooth structure. You'll achieve a noticeably brighter smile by up to ten shades, as well as renewed confidence in just one visit!
Professional Take-Home Teeth Whitening
While many patients prefer the fast, effective in-office whitening process, take-home kits are great alternatives for others. Unlike store bought whitening kits that use low doses of active whitening agent and ineffective application methods, professional take-home kits provide much more effective solutions. Patient-specific doses of professional grade whitening gel are coupled with custom application trays. With short, daily applications for about two weeks, patients can achieve the same results possible with in-office teeth whitening treatments.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
There are numerous benefits associated with professional teeth whitening, especially compared with store bought whitening products. Some of the benefits include:
- Safety – because both in-office and take-home teeth whitening treatments are performed under the supervision and at the recommendation of a professional dentist, patients will know their teeth whitening plan is not causing damage to their teeth or gums.
- Predictability – professional teeth whitening ensures predictable results. Most patients achieve smiles six to ten shades brighter. If patients do not experience the desired results, the dentist can adjust their treatment plans at any time.
- Comfort – the most common adverse effect associated with teeth whitening is tooth sensitivity. With professional teeth whitening treatments, patients are much less likely to experience this adverse effect. Each patient receives a personalized treatment plan to ensure their health and safety. Additionally, most cosmetic dentists provide fluoride treatments or other solutions to prevent sensitivity following in-office or take-home teeth whitening treatments.