After months of trying store-bought kits that promise dramatic results in a short amount of time, you’re ready to invest in professional teeth whitening in West Cobb. Over time, your teeth naturally become more discolored or stained due to factors that are out of your control, such as aging. Instead of accepting the fact that your self-esteem will have to suffer because of this, consider fast, effective, and proven ways to restore the brilliance and sheen of your smile. After months of using products that have offered unreliable results, it’s time for you to hear the truth about what effects professional treatment will have.
How Long Will the Treatment Take?
When you visit your cosmetic dentist in Marietta, they’ll use professionally tested and proven whitening gel to remove years worth of surface stains from your teeth. These can be caused by a variety of foods, drinks, conditions, and habits such as:
- Dark-colored foods and beverages.
- Using tobacco products.
- Taking certain medications.
- Dental fluorosis.
Your dentist most likely offers professional take-home and in-office treatment, depending on whether you’d like immediate results or want to complete the process from the comfort of your couch. In a single appointment, your dentist will use a professional, concentrated whitening gel to get your smile up to ten shades brighter. With at-home treatment, you’ll receive more effective and safe products compared to store-bought kits. You’ll apply them to your teeth daily for about two weeks to get impressive results.
Will the Results Last?
One of the best benefits of professional whitening over store-bought kits is that your results can last up to three years. Plus, if you notice that your teeth are beginning to develop a yellow tint, you can just visit your cosmetic dentist for a touch-up. Keep in mind that results vary from person-to-person depending on your daily habits and what you eat and drink. While treatment doesn’t offer permanent results, it does offer long-lasting brightness.
How Can You Prevent Future Discoloration?
After investing in a brighter, confidence-boosting smile, it makes sense that you’d want to make sure that the results last as long as possible. By simply being aware of your daily habits and routines, you can maintain your improved pearly whites. Here are some aftercare tips to consider for lasting teeth whitening results:
- Properly Brush. Developing a habit of thoroughly brushing and flossing in the morning and after you’ve eaten your last meal of the day is essential in removing surface stains that develop regularly.
- Use Whitening Toothpaste. Using products with bleaching agents in them can help touch-up your smile if you notice your teeth becoming discolored.
- Control Habits Like Smoking and Drinking. Frequently taking part in bad oral habits can quickly reverse the results of professional teeth whitening and can cause severe discoloration.
- Use a Straw for Beverages. If you drink dark-colored or carbonated beverages, it’s best to use a straw. This helps minimize the contact that they have with your teeth.
- Invest in Smudge-Proof Lipstick. Some types of lipstick stick to your teeth, allowing the pigments in them to discolor your teeth. Smudge-proof lipstick helps prevent it from coming into contact with your teeth.
Ditch the unreliable teeth whitening strategies that only leave you frustrated by the time you complete them. When you visit your cosmetic dentist, you won’t have to take a gamble on the products you’re using, plus you can enjoy fast results!