Do you have big plans this summer? Whether you are headed to the beach or planning a “staycation” closer to home, be sure to take advantage of these warm summer days. One way to make the most out of summer if you have gaps in your smile is to schedule an initial consultation for dental implants. Keep reading to learn why now is the best time of year to start implant treatment.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a range of benefits that more traditional restorations like bridges or dentures just cannot match. Here are some of the many reasons thousands of patients in Marietta and millions across the country choose to undergo implant treatment:
- Natural Appearance – Implants are designed to look and feel as much like natural teeth as possible.
- Stability – Implants integrate directly with the jawbone to provide outstanding support for a crown, bridge, or denture.
- Chewing Power – Dental implants restore 70% to 90% of natural chewing power, so you can enjoy all your favorite foods!
- Prevent Bone Loss – Dental implants stimulate the jawbone to prevent it from shrinking over time.
- Long-Term Results – With proper care, dental implants can easily last for decades or even the rest of your life!
3 Reasons to Start Implant Treatment this Summer
While every case is different, dental implants typically take several months to fully heal and integrate with the jawbone. What better way to begin the recovery process than by relaxing by the pool or hanging out in the backyard?
For the first few days after implant placement, you will need to stick to a soft-food diet. Fortunately, there are plenty of tasty summer foods that you can add to your plate. For example, smoothies, apple sauce, mashed potatoes, and ice cream are all safe to eat during this period.
Finally, starting implant treatment now means you will likely be able to show off your new, full smile during the winter holidays. It will be so much easier to get in a festive mood when you don’t have to worry about people noticing your missing teeth!
Are You a Good Candidate?
If are you missing one or more teeth, or if you wear dentures and are looking for a sturdy alternative, then you are likely a good candidate for dental implants. In general, successful implant candidates must have:
- Healthy teeth and gums
- Strong, thick jawbone
- Excellent oral hygiene habits
The best way to find out if dental implants are right for you is to schedule a consultation with your dentist. They will carefully examine your teeth and mouth, discuss your specific goals, and work with you to develop a plan of action to restore your smile.
Use your time and money wisely this summer by investing in dental implants. Soon enough, you’ll have a complete, attractive smile that you will be eager to show off all year round!