Children’s Dentist Setting Children up for Life-Long Optimal Oral Health
The team at Leading Edge Dentistry is dedicated to helping patients of all ages achieve and maintain their optimal level of oral health by keeping natural teeth for a lifetime. This starts by helping young patients develop exceptional oral hygiene routines that keep their smiles beautiful for life. In addition to these great habits practiced at home, we can offer your child additional protection to keep tooth decay away and enamel strong. With dental sealants and fluoride treatment, you can be sure your child’s teeth are protected and strengthened, all while going about their day-to-day activities at school. Not to mention keeping their pearly whites and soft tissues safe with athletic mouthguards! Contact our Marietta, GA dental team to find out more about pediatric services or schedule an appointment for your child. We look forward to seeing your family soon!
A Child’s First Visit
We encourage patients to bring their kids to see us as soon as they begin developing teeth. These fast, painless appointments simply give us the opportunity to ensure your child’s smile is developing correctly, answer your questions, and offer recommendations. These initial appointments are great for establishing the relationship between us and your child, making them feel comfortable and at ease with our office, tools, and most importantly, our staff.
By age 4 or 5 at the latest, we recommend scheduling six-month preventive checkups for kids. During these regular visits, we offer the same services for kids that we do adults, ensuring healthy dental development. The team will carefully and gently examine your child’s teeth and gums to check for any signs of decay or disease before allowing one of our skilled dental hygienists to perform a thorough cleaning of your child’s teeth. Removing any plaque and tartar build up, they will also floss and polish the teeth to create a beautiful shine.
Tips for Helpful At-Home Care
Six-month checkups are important but so are the months in between. Without proper oral hygiene habits being practiced at home, your child’s teeth and gums can quickly become plagued with harmful bacteria that can lead to cavities and gum disease. To prevent this from happening, here are some useful tips to ensure your child is keeping their teeth and gums in great shape:
- Make sure they’re using a soft-bristled toothbrush that is the appropriate size for their mouth. If possible, let them pick out their own brush at the store, as it might seem “cooler” to them if Batman is promoting good oral health.
- Set a timer for two minutes to ensure they’re brushing the allotted amount of time.
- Purchase a fluoride toothpaste for them to use to protect them from tooth decay and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Show them how to floss correctly and carefully.
- Make sure they’re using mouthwash to rinse their mouth after brushing and flossing.
- Before leaving their dental appointment, go ahead and schedule the next visit and put it on your calendar, so you don’t forget!
Kid-Friendly Services Offered
- Dental Checkups and Cleanings
- Dental Sealants
- Fluoride Treatments
- Athletic Mouthguards
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Gum Disease Treatment
- Sedation Dentistry